NOC TECHNICIAN II
JOB DESCRIPTIONLepton Global is seeking a proactive, detail-oriented IT Professional with a Network Engineering background who enjoys a fast-paced, independent, small-business work environment. Candidates must have real-world experience with Cisco Engineering and be ready to learn RF Engineering. Customer-service oriented communication skills, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required. This individual will be involved in all elements related to Lepton satellite networks, engineering, and support, and may include travel to teleport and customer sites both CONUS and OCONUS.PLEASE NOTE: US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Green Card and Visa holders not eligible for this position due to Security Clearance requirements.
JOB LOCATIONVienna, VA
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Generous PTO leave plans
- 13 paid company holidays
- 401k savings plan
- Fitness savings
- Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance;
- Provision and manage customer network services on core equipment;
- Provide technical support services to customers on a 24x7 basis;
- Manage and maintain Network Conditions both in the office environment and the customer network environment;
- Pinpoint potential fault and escalate accordingly;
- Configure modems, routers, and military grade equipment both at Lepton facility and remotely via networking;
- Troubleshoot end user technical issues during commissioning of networks across the globe;
- Liaise between Lepton Engineering and ground uplink stations with various satellite providers;
- Participate in a 24x7 call/email response using trouble ticketing system;
- Support the full operations engineering lifecycle including integration of changes, testing of changes, and solution implementation of changes;
- Analyze network problems and recommend solutions;
- Write root cause analysis reports and monthly status reports;
- Analyze network performance and review trends to determine network degradation and recommend corrective action and solutions;
- Support testing, installing, implementing, and troubleshooting iDirect-based VSAT communications equipment;
- Evaluate communications test results and make recommendations to correct any identified discrepancies;
- Manage Network configurations and connections between Lepton routers and switches at various locations.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Cisco Certifications Required (Minimum CCNA);
- 2-3 Years Network Engineering Experience (live networks, not lab-based experience);
- Experience with iDirect Evolution TDMA technology, Cisco routers and switches, and Network Management Systems preferred;
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload;
- Ability to clearly communicate with proper grammar.
"Job Application: NOC TECHNICIAN II"